‘Post article an injustice to legacy of PM’
Washington: Asserting that under Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, India has made tremendous progress, the Indian National Overseas Congress (INOC) USA has said that The Washington Post article on the architect of economic reforms has done grave injustice to the legacy of a great man.
"This article truly does grave injustice to the legacy of a great man who will always be respected for his great vision in changing the Indian economy in a fundamental way," George Abraham, president, INOC USA wrote in a letter to The Washington Post.
Abraham said that the Washington Post article "denigrating" the lifetime achievements of a "great leader" clearly "lacks any objectivity" and it is "colored with certain bias and skewed" perspectives.
"Dr. Manmohan Singh was the Chief Architect of India`s new economy. He has taken a centrally planned, inward looking, public sector centered economy and reversed its direction. What he has accomplished is just phenomenal.
"Actually this dramatic change paints a picture of a man who is some sort of a revolutionary. If India has entered the 21st century, the current Prime Minister has a lot to do with it," he wrote to The Washington Post.
Corruption, he said, is not limited to any particular political party. "It is endemic and cut across all spheres and every cadre," he said, adding that Congress has shown great courage in dealing with corruption even at the highest places.
"As far as the economic slowdown is concerned, India is till growing at a rate that may be the envy of the western world today.
"BJP and regional parties need to shoulder a great amount of blame how and when they shot down the Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) initiative by Dr Manmohan Singh that sent a very negative signal to the global investment community by almost saying India is not yet ready as a big time global player," Abraham wrote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj