IPS officer Rajiv appointed new CISF chief
New Delhi: Senior IPS officer Rajiv was
Wednesday appointed the new chief of the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), which guards country`s sensitive installations.
Rajiv, who goes by his first name, is a 1975-batch
officer of the Uttar Pradesh cadre and is currently serving as
Director General of the National Disaster Response Force
(NDRF) and Civil Defence in the national capital.
The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) announced the
He will take over the charge of the 1.47-lakh strong force, which guards country`s airports and sensitive nuclear
and aerospace installations, from outgoing Director General N
R Das who retires on January 31.
Rajiv, who will retire in October next year, takes over
at a time when the CISF is raising fresh units and developing
new methods to enhance the security preparedness at its
sensitive deployments including at 58 airports which it guards
A Masters in Physics, Rajiv has earlier served as Additional DG in the Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), a border guarding force, in Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre