IPS officer Rajiv appointed new CISF chief
New Delhi: Senior IPS officer Rajiv was
Wednesday appointed the new chief of the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), which guards country`s sensitive installations.
Rajiv, who goes by his first name, is a 1975-batch
officer of the Uttar Pradesh cadre and is currently serving as
Director General of the National Disaster Response Force
(NDRF) and Civil Defence in the national capital.
The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) announced the
He will take over the charge of the 1.47-lakh strong force, which guards country`s airports and sensitive nuclear
and aerospace installations, from outgoing Director General N
R Das who retires on January 31.
Rajiv, who will retire in October next year, takes over
at a time when the CISF is raising fresh units and developing
new methods to enhance the security preparedness at its
sensitive deployments including at 58 airports which it guards
A Masters in Physics, Rajiv has earlier served as Additional DG in the Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), a border guarding force, in Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH