IPS officer Rajiv appointed new CISF chief
New Delhi: Senior IPS officer Rajiv was
Wednesday appointed the new chief of the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), which guards country`s sensitive installations.
Rajiv, who goes by his first name, is a 1975-batch
officer of the Uttar Pradesh cadre and is currently serving as
Director General of the National Disaster Response Force
(NDRF) and Civil Defence in the national capital.
The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) announced the
He will take over the charge of the 1.47-lakh strong force, which guards country`s airports and sensitive nuclear
and aerospace installations, from outgoing Director General N
R Das who retires on January 31.
Rajiv, who will retire in October next year, takes over
at a time when the CISF is raising fresh units and developing
new methods to enhance the security preparedness at its
sensitive deployments including at 58 airports which it guards
A Masters in Physics, Rajiv has earlier served as Additional DG in the Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), a border guarding force, in Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra