IPS probationer gets fifth rank in Civil Services exam
New Delhi: Ruchika Katyal, an IPS probationer, has achieved fifth rank in the prestigious Civil Services Examination.
Katyal, a 2011-batch Arunachal Pradesh Goa Mizoram Union Territories (AGMUT) cadre probationary of Indian Police Service, is undergoing training at Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Police Academy in Hyderabad. She has been sent as a observer to poll-bound Karnataka.
26-year-old Katyal, who is also a Chartered Accountant, hails from Rohtak in Haryana and has done her graduation from Shri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC) in New Delhi.
Haritha V Kumar, a probationer of Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise) 2011 batch, has topped the Civil Services Examination, result of which was declared today.
V Sriram and Stuti Charan have bagged second and third positions respectively in the examination.
Sriram, who has earned Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) from Kerala University, has achieved the distinction in his second attempt.
Charan, who has done Bachelor of Science from Jodhpur University and Post Graduate Diploma in Personnel and Marketing Management from the Indian Institute of Planning and Management (IIPM) in Delhi, had achieved the feat in her third attempt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read