IPS probationer gets fifth rank in Civil Services exam
New Delhi: Ruchika Katyal, an IPS probationer, has achieved fifth rank in the prestigious Civil Services Examination.
Katyal, a 2011-batch Arunachal Pradesh Goa Mizoram Union Territories (AGMUT) cadre probationary of Indian Police Service, is undergoing training at Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Police Academy in Hyderabad. She has been sent as a observer to poll-bound Karnataka.
26-year-old Katyal, who is also a Chartered Accountant, hails from Rohtak in Haryana and has done her graduation from Shri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC) in New Delhi.
Haritha V Kumar, a probationer of Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise) 2011 batch, has topped the Civil Services Examination, result of which was declared today.
V Sriram and Stuti Charan have bagged second and third positions respectively in the examination.
Sriram, who has earned Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) from Kerala University, has achieved the distinction in his second attempt.
Charan, who has done Bachelor of Science from Jodhpur University and Post Graduate Diploma in Personnel and Marketing Management from the Indian Institute of Planning and Management (IIPM) in Delhi, had achieved the feat in her third attempt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users