Iran behind Israeli car bomb attack: Reports
New Delhi: The Delhi Police have concluded that there was a clear Iran hand in the failed car bomb attack on an Israeli diplomat in New Delhi earlier this year, according to reports in the media.
As per reports, the Delhi Police has concluded that the attack in February in the heart of New Delhi was part of a larger Iranian state conspiracy.
Further, the attack was linked to the strikes carried out in Thailand and a failed attempt in Georgia against Israeli targets.
However, keeping in view the diplomatic ties between the two countries India is unlikely publicly accuse Iran for the attack, say sources. It may be noted that India is one of the biggest buyers of crude from OPEC`s second largest producer, Iran.
However, it will definitely seek Iran’s cooperation and assurances against any future attack on Indian soil against Israeli targets.
Reports have claimed that members of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard were behind the February terrorist attack in which Tali Yehoshua-Koren, the wife of the Defence Ministry`s representative to India, was injured.
Police investigations concluded that members of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard colluded with Indian journalist Syed Mohammad Ahmad Kazmi, who was arrested in connection with the case, to do the recce and carry out the attack.
Investigation have revealed that Kazmi had been in touch with the Iranian regime for the past 10 years.
India has already given to the Iranians a list of five suspects from the Revolutionary Guard.
The main suspect in the attack is Houshang Afshar Irani, who while riding on a motorcycle is believed to have attached the bomb to the car of the Israeli embassy.
Another suspect is Sedaghatzadeh Masoud, who headed that the cell that planned attacks in New Delhi, Bangkok and Tbilisi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing