Iran behind Israeli car bomb attack: Reports
New Delhi: The Delhi Police have concluded that there was a clear Iran hand in the failed car bomb attack on an Israeli diplomat in New Delhi earlier this year, according to reports in the media.
As per reports, the Delhi Police has concluded that the attack in February in the heart of New Delhi was part of a larger Iranian state conspiracy.
Further, the attack was linked to the strikes carried out in Thailand and a failed attempt in Georgia against Israeli targets.
However, keeping in view the diplomatic ties between the two countries India is unlikely publicly accuse Iran for the attack, say sources. It may be noted that India is one of the biggest buyers of crude from OPEC`s second largest producer, Iran.
However, it will definitely seek Iran’s cooperation and assurances against any future attack on Indian soil against Israeli targets.
Reports have claimed that members of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard were behind the February terrorist attack in which Tali Yehoshua-Koren, the wife of the Defence Ministry`s representative to India, was injured.
Police investigations concluded that members of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard colluded with Indian journalist Syed Mohammad Ahmad Kazmi, who was arrested in connection with the case, to do the recce and carry out the attack.
Investigation have revealed that Kazmi had been in touch with the Iranian regime for the past 10 years.
India has already given to the Iranians a list of five suspects from the Revolutionary Guard.
The main suspect in the attack is Houshang Afshar Irani, who while riding on a motorcycle is believed to have attached the bomb to the car of the Israeli embassy.
Another suspect is Sedaghatzadeh Masoud, who headed that the cell that planned attacks in New Delhi, Bangkok and Tbilisi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31