Iran behind Israeli car bomb attack: Reports
New Delhi: The Delhi Police have concluded that there was a clear Iran hand in the failed car bomb attack on an Israeli diplomat in New Delhi earlier this year, according to reports in the media.
As per reports, the Delhi Police has concluded that the attack in February in the heart of New Delhi was part of a larger Iranian state conspiracy.
Further, the attack was linked to the strikes carried out in Thailand and a failed attempt in Georgia against Israeli targets.
However, keeping in view the diplomatic ties between the two countries India is unlikely publicly accuse Iran for the attack, say sources. It may be noted that India is one of the biggest buyers of crude from OPEC`s second largest producer, Iran.
However, it will definitely seek Iran’s cooperation and assurances against any future attack on Indian soil against Israeli targets.
Reports have claimed that members of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard were behind the February terrorist attack in which Tali Yehoshua-Koren, the wife of the Defence Ministry`s representative to India, was injured.
Police investigations concluded that members of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard colluded with Indian journalist Syed Mohammad Ahmad Kazmi, who was arrested in connection with the case, to do the recce and carry out the attack.
Investigation have revealed that Kazmi had been in touch with the Iranian regime for the past 10 years.
India has already given to the Iranians a list of five suspects from the Revolutionary Guard.
The main suspect in the attack is Houshang Afshar Irani, who while riding on a motorcycle is believed to have attached the bomb to the car of the Israeli embassy.
Another suspect is Sedaghatzadeh Masoud, who headed that the cell that planned attacks in New Delhi, Bangkok and Tbilisi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers