Iran key partner in fighting terror, says Speaker
New Delhi: India considers Iran as an important strategic partner in combating terrorism and maintaining regional peace, Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar said Wednesday.
"India considers Iran as an important strategic partner in combating terror and maintaining peace and stability in the Middle East and South Asian region, especially Afghanistan," Meira Kumar said here while welcoming a delegation led by Ali Ardeshir Larijani, speaker of the Iranian Assembly.
Lauding the cooperation between the two countries in the Chabahar port project, the speaker said it underlines convergence of their vision for stability and prosperity of the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi