Iran key partner in fighting terror, says Speaker
New Delhi: India considers Iran as an important strategic partner in combating terrorism and maintaining regional peace, Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar said Wednesday.
"India considers Iran as an important strategic partner in combating terror and maintaining peace and stability in the Middle East and South Asian region, especially Afghanistan," Meira Kumar said here while welcoming a delegation led by Ali Ardeshir Larijani, speaker of the Iranian Assembly.
Lauding the cooperation between the two countries in the Chabahar port project, the speaker said it underlines convergence of their vision for stability and prosperity of the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves