Iran key partner in fighting terror, says Speaker
New Delhi: India considers Iran as an important strategic partner in combating terrorism and maintaining regional peace, Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar said Wednesday.
"India considers Iran as an important strategic partner in combating terror and maintaining peace and stability in the Middle East and South Asian region, especially Afghanistan," Meira Kumar said here while welcoming a delegation led by Ali Ardeshir Larijani, speaker of the Iranian Assembly.
Lauding the cooperation between the two countries in the Chabahar port project, the speaker said it underlines convergence of their vision for stability and prosperity of the region.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani