Iran key partner in fighting terror, says Speaker
New Delhi: India considers Iran as an important strategic partner in combating terrorism and maintaining regional peace, Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar said Wednesday.
"India considers Iran as an important strategic partner in combating terror and maintaining peace and stability in the Middle East and South Asian region, especially Afghanistan," Meira Kumar said here while welcoming a delegation led by Ali Ardeshir Larijani, speaker of the Iranian Assembly.
Lauding the cooperation between the two countries in the Chabahar port project, the speaker said it underlines convergence of their vision for stability and prosperity of the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore