Iranian Army unveils home-made combat drone
Tehran: The Iranian Army`s Ground Forces Saturday unveiled new home-made combat drone, capable of flying at an altitude of 4.57 km, and has a flight endurance of eight hours and an effective operational radius of 200 km, Xinhua reported.
"One of the capabilities of Yasir (the newly unveiled drone) is detecting and targeting remote spots," said Commander of Iranian Army`s Ground Force Brigadier General Ahmad-Reza Pourdastan, adding the drone is equipped with the most advanced reconnaissance systems.
Also, Commander of the Iranian Ground Force`s Vali-e Asr Drone Group Colonel Reza Khaki said his forces made 150 operational flights across the country and participated in 15 war games in one year, according to Fars.
The Ground Force`s drones were used to strengthen security at Iran`s eastern and southeastern border, he added.
On Friday, Iran announced the start of mass-production of the UAV Shahed 129, a combat drone capable of carrying eight bombs or domestically-manufactured Sadid missiles simultaneously, designed to hit both stationary and mobile targets, said Press TV.
Shahed 129 has an effective operational radius of 1,700 km in terms of accurate targeting, flight endurance of 24 hours on a single fuel run and a flight ceiling of 7.32 km. It has a monitoring capability of 200 km radius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?