Iranian Army unveils home-made combat drone
Tehran: The Iranian Army`s Ground Forces Saturday unveiled new home-made combat drone, capable of flying at an altitude of 4.57 km, and has a flight endurance of eight hours and an effective operational radius of 200 km, Xinhua reported.
"One of the capabilities of Yasir (the newly unveiled drone) is detecting and targeting remote spots," said Commander of Iranian Army`s Ground Force Brigadier General Ahmad-Reza Pourdastan, adding the drone is equipped with the most advanced reconnaissance systems.
Also, Commander of the Iranian Ground Force`s Vali-e Asr Drone Group Colonel Reza Khaki said his forces made 150 operational flights across the country and participated in 15 war games in one year, according to Fars.
The Ground Force`s drones were used to strengthen security at Iran`s eastern and southeastern border, he added.
On Friday, Iran announced the start of mass-production of the UAV Shahed 129, a combat drone capable of carrying eight bombs or domestically-manufactured Sadid missiles simultaneously, designed to hit both stationary and mobile targets, said Press TV.
Shahed 129 has an effective operational radius of 1,700 km in terms of accurate targeting, flight endurance of 24 hours on a single fuel run and a flight ceiling of 7.32 km. It has a monitoring capability of 200 km radius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh