Iraq crisis: 50 families contact control room in Punjab
Chandigarh: Over 50 families from across Punjab have contacted a control room set up by the state government to collect details about those stranded in trouble-torn Iraq.
"The state-wide campaign launched by Punjab government to seek details from the families regarding Punjabis stuck in Iraq showed a tremendous response with over 50 families approaching 24x7 Punjab Civil Control Room giving the details about their relatives in the country," a spokesman said here on Thursday.
The Punjab government is sharing all the details with External Affairs Ministry to ensure safe evacuation of the Punjabis from the trouble-torn nation.
Meanwhile, district administration is also approaching all such families assuring them full support of the state government, the spokesman said.
Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal and NRI Affairs Minister Tota Singh are in constant touch with Ministry of External Affairs for co-ordinating for safe retrieval of Punjabis from Iraq, the spokesman said.
Tota Singh, in an official statement here, said Badal is camping in Delhi and is in constant touch with the Prime Minister Office and External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj to make arrangements for safe return of Punjabis.
The minister appealed to the people to give the full details to control room about the Punjabis including the name, telephone number in Iraq, firm/company in which he was working and location where he is stuck.
He said the information can be provided at 0172-2740397 and at 0172-2740035, besides the fax number 0172-2740936.
The spokesman said that relatives should also provide their telephone numbers so that the government could inform them regarding the safety and well being of their relatives at Iraq.
He said as internet services are still working in Iraq so Punjabis stuck there should also use this medium to contact the Punjab government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27