IRCTC gets relief from state commission on compensation
New Delhi: The State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission has stayed an order of New Delhi District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum, which had directed IRCTC to pay Rs five lakh each to two railway passengers for selling soft drinks above the maximum retail price.
The district forum had imposed the punitive compensation on Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) on two separate complaints of overcharging fruit drinks.
IRCTC had appealed to the State Commission against the district forum orders. It said the complainants had produced fabricated invoices to prove that IRCTC had sold the fruit drink packets above the maximum retail price.
"This misled the Forum in awarding the orders of paying compensation," a release said.
The matter when came up for hearing before the State Commission, it observed, "Grounds mentioned in the application were sufficient, therefore, application is allowed."
It directed issuance of a notice to the respondents and stayed the operation of the orders during pendency of the appeal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM