IRCTC offers new year bonanza for tourists
New Delhi: In a new year bonanza for city
revellers, the IRCTC has announced a special train for major
tourist destinations like Jaipur, Ajmer, Udaipur and Somnath
among other places.
The Bharat Darshan Special Tourist train will start from
Chandigarh on December 25 and go via Delhi Cantonment to
Ahmedabad before returning to the city on Januray 4 after
halting at places of tourist interest en route, said an
official of Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation.
Each passenger will be charged Rs 5643 which will cover
expenses for travel, food and transport facility to the
tourist sites, he said.
"We have tried to make the Bharat Darshan Special
Tourist train one of the most affordable all inclusive tour
packages, covering various important tourist places in the
country," he said, adding, "booking of Bharat Darshan Special
Tourist Trains is available online on the IRCTC website.
The tourists will have opportunities to visit Jaipur,
Ajmer, Dwarka, Somnath and Ahmedabad in the 11-day journey
from Chandigarh to Ahmedabad.
IRCTC has also offered special trains for visiting
religious and leisure destinations in south India including
Hyderabad, Madurai, Vishakhapatnam, Salem and Dindigul among
others as part of the Bharat Darshan package in the new year.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Pro-Afzal event at JNU: Kanhaiya Kumar, others begin indefinite strike against punishment
- Meghalaya CM's wife, Sangma's son file nomination papers for Tura Lok Sabha bypoll
- Check cgbse.nic.in, www.cgbse.net 10th HS Results 2016 Chhattisgarh CG Board, CGBSE today at 10 AM
- Pakistani Sikhs open temple after 73 years, risking attacks
- 20 killed in Syria regime strike on Aleppo