Irregularities in distribution of relief material: Uttarkashi DM removed
Dehradun: Uttarkashi District Magistrate R Rajesh Kumar was on Saturday removed from the post following allegations of irregularities in distribution of relief material among calamity-hit people in the district, official sources here said on Saturday.
The official order removing Kumar as DM Uttarkashi says the decision has been taken in "public interest".
Kumar, who has been made Managing Director Garhwal Mandal Vikas Nigam Ltd, was replaced by Pankaj Pandey as Uttarakashi District Magistrate.
Kumar`s removal comes a day after Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna`s son Saket had visited Uttarkashi yesterday and received a number of complaints against him from the affected people who alleged the relief material were not reaching them.
An angry group of calamity-affected people, who had allegedly been denied relief, had even held Kumar hostage two days ago to vent their anger, an official requesting anonymity said.
There were also reports of a Deputy Treasurer posted in Barkot in Uttarkashi district being shown by TV channels while loading relief material, meant for flood victims, in his personal car to take them home, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell