Irregularities in distribution of relief material: Uttarkashi DM removed
Dehradun: Uttarkashi District Magistrate R Rajesh Kumar was on Saturday removed from the post following allegations of irregularities in distribution of relief material among calamity-hit people in the district, official sources here said on Saturday.
The official order removing Kumar as DM Uttarkashi says the decision has been taken in "public interest".
Kumar, who has been made Managing Director Garhwal Mandal Vikas Nigam Ltd, was replaced by Pankaj Pandey as Uttarakashi District Magistrate.
Kumar`s removal comes a day after Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna`s son Saket had visited Uttarkashi yesterday and received a number of complaints against him from the affected people who alleged the relief material were not reaching them.
An angry group of calamity-affected people, who had allegedly been denied relief, had even held Kumar hostage two days ago to vent their anger, an official requesting anonymity said.
There were also reports of a Deputy Treasurer posted in Barkot in Uttarkashi district being shown by TV channels while loading relief material, meant for flood victims, in his personal car to take them home, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Check UBSE / UEEB 12th Results 2016: Uttarakhand / Uttaranchal (UK) Board Class 12th Exam Results 2016 declared
- FSSAI probing 'cancer-causing bread' issue, may ban harmful food additives
- Afghan Taliban confirms death of Mansour, names Haibatullah Akhundzada as new leader
- We envy you, Sonakshi Sinha!– Here's why
- Aishwarya wanted to be discussed: Sonam Kapoor on 'purple lips' at Cannes