Is China preparing to up the ante against India?
New Delhi: Even as India remains concerned about China`s posture along its disputed border and Beijing`s aggression in the Indian Ocean and Asia-Pacific region, New Delhi now fears that the Communist-run country is planning for war with us.
As per an English news channel, which claims to have accessed a confidential security document, the threat of a war is so real that it is now being discussed in the highest echelons of power in Delhi. What adds to the concerns is that the warning comes just months before the 50th anniversary of the Indo-China war in 1962.
The news channel reported that India’s external intelligence unit, the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW), has submitted a report to the government on the possibility of a skirmish or an incident triggered by China on the Line of Actual Control (LAC).
Basing its assessment on the heightened activity on the Chinese side of Indo-China border, RAW said that Beijing may mull such an action to divert attention from its internal problems.
As per the report, China has, for the first time, stationed fighter planes in Tibet Autonomous Region throughout the winter months and also commissioned new radars close to the border – apparently to track Indian movement.
The report claims the People`s Liberation Army (PLA) has recently conducted large-scale India specific exercises in Tibet.
China’s move to target India after threatening to go on a war with Philippines over South China Sea appears to be aimed at preventing an all out confrontation in its east over a contentious issue which may see the western powers, including US, closing ranks with Jakarta.
The urgency in the Chinese leadership for some “action” is believed to be intended to douse flames of political uncertainty in the country in the run-up to the 18th party congress, which would determine a power transfer in March next year.
Interestingly, James Clapper, Director of US National Intelligence had said in February that Indian Army is strengthening itself for a "limited conflict" with China - suggesting that India has been in the know of the brewing trouble on its eastern border for some time and has been quietly preparing to meet any eventuality.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum