Is rail budget dead or alive? Sushma Swaraj
New Delhi: Is the Rail Budget "dead or alive", Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj asked in the house Thursday.
"Is Dinesh Trivedi`s rail budget dead or alive? The rail budget is before the Parliament. Can the Prime Minister and the Finance Minister dissociate themselves from it?" she asked.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader said the future of the government and the Rail Budget, presented by Rail Minister Trivedi Wednesday, were both in the dark.
Both houses were informed that they had not received Trivedi`s resignation but a communication from West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, who has insisted that Trivedi rollback the rail fare hike.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city