Is stopping rapes Sushilkumar Shinde’s responsibility? Sriprakash Jaiswal
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In a statement that has all the elements to stoke a controversy, Coal Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal on Wednesday asked whether it was the responsibility of Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde to stop rapes?
Adding on to the bizarre statement, the minister said Shinde’s responsibility is to ensure that the police force remains proactive.
Jaiswal’s statement comes amidst outrage over spate of rape incidents across the country.
In the wake of the rape of a five-year-old girl in East Delhi’s Gandhi Nagar, the protesters have demanded the resignation of Shinde.
Shinde had said after the outrage over the Gandhi Nagar rape case that rapes do not happen just in Delhi but across the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey