Is stopping rapes Sushilkumar Shinde’s responsibility? Sriprakash Jaiswal
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In a statement that has all the elements to stoke a controversy, Coal Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal on Wednesday asked whether it was the responsibility of Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde to stop rapes?
Adding on to the bizarre statement, the minister said Shinde’s responsibility is to ensure that the police force remains proactive.
Jaiswal’s statement comes amidst outrage over spate of rape incidents across the country.
In the wake of the rape of a five-year-old girl in East Delhi’s Gandhi Nagar, the protesters have demanded the resignation of Shinde.
Shinde had said after the outrage over the Gandhi Nagar rape case that rapes do not happen just in Delhi but across the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?