Is stopping rapes Sushilkumar Shinde’s responsibility? Sriprakash Jaiswal
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In a statement that has all the elements to stoke a controversy, Coal Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal on Wednesday asked whether it was the responsibility of Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde to stop rapes?
Adding on to the bizarre statement, the minister said Shinde’s responsibility is to ensure that the police force remains proactive.
Jaiswal’s statement comes amidst outrage over spate of rape incidents across the country.
In the wake of the rape of a five-year-old girl in East Delhi’s Gandhi Nagar, the protesters have demanded the resignation of Shinde.
Shinde had said after the outrage over the Gandhi Nagar rape case that rapes do not happen just in Delhi but across the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation