Is stopping rapes Sushilkumar Shinde’s responsibility? Sriprakash Jaiswal
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In a statement that has all the elements to stoke a controversy, Coal Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal on Wednesday asked whether it was the responsibility of Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde to stop rapes?
Adding on to the bizarre statement, the minister said Shinde’s responsibility is to ensure that the police force remains proactive.
Jaiswal’s statement comes amidst outrage over spate of rape incidents across the country.
In the wake of the rape of a five-year-old girl in East Delhi’s Gandhi Nagar, the protesters have demanded the resignation of Shinde.
Shinde had said after the outrage over the Gandhi Nagar rape case that rapes do not happen just in Delhi but across the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read