Is stopping rapes Sushilkumar Shinde’s responsibility? Sriprakash Jaiswal
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In a statement that has all the elements to stoke a controversy, Coal Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal on Wednesday asked whether it was the responsibility of Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde to stop rapes?
Adding on to the bizarre statement, the minister said Shinde’s responsibility is to ensure that the police force remains proactive.
Jaiswal’s statement comes amidst outrage over spate of rape incidents across the country.
In the wake of the rape of a five-year-old girl in East Delhi’s Gandhi Nagar, the protesters have demanded the resignation of Shinde.
Shinde had said after the outrage over the Gandhi Nagar rape case that rapes do not happen just in Delhi but across the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof