Is there an attempt to shadow UPA`s corruption, as
New Delhi: Terming the spot-fixing scandal as "deplorable", BJP on Monday wondered whether attempts have been made to shadow the "astronomical" corruption of the UPA government using the ongoing IPL controversy where only individuals and private entities are involved.
"... My only concern is that this corruption is corruption of an individual or an organisation which is non-governmental. Whether there has been an attempt to shadow through this the national corruption over public exchequer where the government is itself involved," party General Secretary Rajiv Pratap Rudy told reporters here.
He wondered whether corruption issue of cricket can be "offset" with the corruption at the government. "Having said that, we have to keep in mind that government is involved in a far bigger and a more astronomical corruption than what we are seeing in IPL," he said.
He said though IPL are privately-owned and organised matches, cheating has taken place. "It is highly deplorable. People, especially those who love cricket and love sports, cannot be cheated... Action should be taken. The criminal laws should apply. The states should take care of it."
Referring to the Growth Rate plummeting to 5 per cent, Rudy said present state of the economy is its "black phase".
"It is a paradox that the economy is in the ICU and the government is tomtoming its achievements," he said.
"There has been a drop of USD 10 billion in FDI, we are witnessing a recession never seen before, the rupee is falling... What does the Prime Minister, who is an economist himself, has to say on the economic situation," Rudy asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head