Is your phone being tapped: Find out
In case one feels that his/her phone is being tapped, one has the right to lodge a complaint at the local police station.
Zee Research Group
What can a citizen do if her/his phone is being tapped?
One has the right to lodge a complaint at the local police station. This complaint would be subject to an investigation before action can be initiated against the individuals tapping phones illegally. However before an Indian files a complaint, s/he will need to know whether her/his phone is being tapped or not.
How to detect if your Landline is being tapped?
- A device called a phone tapping detector could determine if your landline is being tapped or not.
- This device can be connected to the telephone and will alert users with a blinking light if the phone is being tapped.
- Such a device, which costs around Rs 1,200, is not easily available in India, hence one would have to rely on manual means to determine if the phone is being tapped.
How to detect if your mobile phone is being tapped
- If you believe that your phone is being tapped, then during a conversation listen carefully whether the volume of the phone is affected.
- There could be short beeps too, which indicate that the phone is being tapped.
- Another thing to do is watch the cell phone when it is not in use. It could emit strange sounds when kept aside. It means that someone is trying to pick up transmissions, a clear indication that the phone is being tapped.
- Not only this, such noises would also mean that your cell phone is acting as a transmitter to pick up conversations from phones around you.
- There are other symptoms too. The battery of your cell phone could be draining out faster than normal.
- Apart from the normal battery problem this could also indicate that your phone is working as a transmitter which is contributing to the battery drain.
- Also, if the phone feels warm despite not being in use, then again it would mean it is sending out a transmission in order to tap a phone near you.