Ishrat chargesheet: Facts are facts, says Shinde
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: While the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is set to file a status report in the Gujarat High Court in connection with the 2004 Ishrat Jahan encounter case, Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Thursday said that those guilty should be brought to justice.
The Home Minister also rejected allegations that the CBI has distorted facts and downplayed the terror angle in its preliminary chargesheet that was submitted before the Ahemdabad court yesterday.
“Facts are facts. Those guilty should be punished, “ the Home Minister said.
Shinde also categorically rejected BJP’s charge that the CBI was working under the Centre’s pressure and the Congress government is targeting the rising saffron leaders.
The reaction from Shinde came a day after the CBI claimed that the Ishrat Jahan encounter was a ‘staged’ and carried out "in cold blood."
The agency said the killing was a joint operation between the Gujarat Police and the state`s Intelligence Bureau.
The CBI also did not comment on whether Ishrat and the others were terrorists, or whether Chief Minister Narendra Modi and his then Home Minister Amit Shah had been informed in advance about the encounter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day