Ishrat Jahan case: IB officials charged with murder, conspiracy; Amit Shah not named
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Ahmedabad: The Central Bureau of Investigation on Thursday filed a supplementary chargesheet in the alleged Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case.
While the agency has not named Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s close aide Amit Shah in the supplementary chargesheet, it has charged former Intelligence Bureau official Rajendra Kumar in the case.
Apart from Special Director Rajinder Kumar (now retired) who has been named as the main accused, three other serving officials - P Mittal, MK Sinha and Rajiv Wankhede - have also been named in the second chargesheet filed in the case.
They have been charged under section 120-B (criminal conspiracy), murder, wrongful confinement, kidnapping, wrongful concealment, PTI report said.
Kumar has been additionally charged under Arms Act with CBI alleging that he had provided arms to the accused on June 14, 2004, a day before the encounter took place.
The CBI alleged in its supplementary charge sheet that Kumar, who was the then Joint Director of IB, handed over arms and ammunition to G Singhal of Gujarat police who onpassed the weapons to Tarun Barot through Nizamuddin Sayeed. These arms and ammunition were used in executing the crime.
The chargesheet was filed in the Ahmedabad special court.
CBI sources had earlier claimed that they have enough evidence against the IB officials who are suspected to have been involved in the conspiracy to carry out the encounter.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves