Ishrat Jahan case: MHA refers CBI request to Law Ministry
New Delhi: Home Ministry has referred to Law Ministry the request of CBI seeking files from it related to contradictory affidavits on the antecedents of Ishrat Jahan submitted in Gujarat High Court.
Official sources said CBI had sent a request to provide it with the files related to affidavits filed by under secretary RVS Mani in the high court in 2009 within a span of two month giving contradictory versions on Ishrat`s antecedents.
The sources said the agency`s request has been sent to Law Ministry seeking opinion whether this confidential information was relevant to the investigation of the case.
In the affidavit filed on August 6, 2009, Ishrat and three others were termed as terrorists while in the affidavit filed on September 30, 2009, it claimed that there was no conclusive evidence to suggest she was a terrorist.
Mani was questioned by the agency in this regard but he could not given any satisfactory reply about the changing stance on 19-year-old Ishrat who was killed along with three others nine years ago in what is believed to be a fake encounter.
Sources said the files related to input which had become the basis for change in the position so that it gets a clear picture of why opinion was changed in such a short period.
The agency has filed its first charge sheet in connection with the fake encounter and is likely to file another in the next six weeks which is likely to carry the conspiracy behind the killing of Ishrat, Javed Sheikh, Zishan Johar and Amjad Ali Rana allegedly by a team of Gujarat Crime Branch.
They said the files related to the said affidavit become important as they could reveal the role of people who might have been interested in portraying Ishrat as terrorist. The agency in its charge sheet has not given antecedents of any of the four killed but might give in the next charge sheet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users