Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case: CBI grills Amit Shah
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
New Delhi: Former Gujarat Home Minister Amit Shah has been questioned by CBI on Saturday in the Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case.
Shah, who is a close aide of BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, may go through further questioning, said CBI official.
According to the officials, he is being questioned on the basis of the claims made by suspended Gujarat cadre IPS officer DG Vanzara, who had blamed that the Gujarat government equally responsible for police action in Ishrat Jahan`s encounter.
In September, BJP Rajya Sabha MPs Prakash Javadekar and Bhupendra Yadav were also questioned in connection with a video tape in which they were allegedly seen discussing ways to weaken case against Narendra Modi`s aide Amit Shah by influencing the mother of a victim of an alleged fake encounter in Gujarat.
Both Modi and Shah have accused Congress of misusing CBI.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists