Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case: CBI grills Amit Shah
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
New Delhi: Former Gujarat Home Minister Amit Shah has been questioned by CBI on Saturday in the Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case.
Shah, who is a close aide of BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, may go through further questioning, said CBI official.
According to the officials, he is being questioned on the basis of the claims made by suspended Gujarat cadre IPS officer DG Vanzara, who had blamed that the Gujarat government equally responsible for police action in Ishrat Jahan`s encounter.
In September, BJP Rajya Sabha MPs Prakash Javadekar and Bhupendra Yadav were also questioned in connection with a video tape in which they were allegedly seen discussing ways to weaken case against Narendra Modi`s aide Amit Shah by influencing the mother of a victim of an alleged fake encounter in Gujarat.
Both Modi and Shah have accused Congress of misusing CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’