ISI continues to support terror groups: Govt
New Delhi: The government on Tuesday said
Pakistan`s spy agency ISI continues to support various
terrorist outfits to spread violence in India.
"...As per available intelligence inputs, Pakistan-based
terrorist outfits, particularly Lashkar-e-Taiba, Jaish-e-
Mohammed, Hijbul Mujahideen etc., continue to receive support
from ISI," Minister of State for Home Jitendra Singh informed
Lok Sabha in a written reply.
He said government was committed to combating terrorism,
extremism and separatism in all its forms and manifestation as
no cases, genuine or imaginary, could justify terrorism.
Government, he said, has taken various measures in this
Replying to another question, the minister said as per
available information, investigation into terrorism-related
cases by state police forces and disclosures of arrested
persons revealed names of a few terrorist elements in Bihar
having links with LeT.
"On the basis of inputs, four LeT operatives of Bihar
were identified and arrested between 2004-2009," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 94 seats, BJP ahead in 56; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: BJP leader Kirit Somaiya's son wins in Mumbai; Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM grabs 5 seats in Solapur
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Counting underway; Shiv Sena leads the race