ISI continues to support terror groups: Govt
New Delhi: The government on Tuesday said
Pakistan`s spy agency ISI continues to support various
terrorist outfits to spread violence in India.
"...As per available intelligence inputs, Pakistan-based
terrorist outfits, particularly Lashkar-e-Taiba, Jaish-e-
Mohammed, Hijbul Mujahideen etc., continue to receive support
from ISI," Minister of State for Home Jitendra Singh informed
Lok Sabha in a written reply.
He said government was committed to combating terrorism,
extremism and separatism in all its forms and manifestation as
no cases, genuine or imaginary, could justify terrorism.
Government, he said, has taken various measures in this
Replying to another question, the minister said as per
available information, investigation into terrorism-related
cases by state police forces and disclosures of arrested
persons revealed names of a few terrorist elements in Bihar
having links with LeT.
"On the basis of inputs, four LeT operatives of Bihar
were identified and arrested between 2004-2009," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest