ISI harbouring top Indian Mujahideen terrorists: NIA
New Delhi: Indian Mujahideen (IM) co-founders and terrorists Riyaz Bhatkal and Iqbal Bhatkal are being "harboured" by Pakistan`s Intelligence agency ISI, the NIA told a Delhi court on Tuesday.
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) said that as per disclosure of arrested IM co-founder Yasin Bhatkal, both Riyaz and Iqbal are now residing in Pakistan and they used to communicate with each other in coded language through the Internet.
It said that during the custodial interrogation, Yasin has disclosed that he was getting "active advice" and "guidance" from Riyaz and Iqbal to carry out terror strikes in India.
"He (Yasin Bhatkal) was getting active advice, guidance and support on the planning of these subversive activities from his co-conspirators sitting in Pakistan, namely Riyaz Bhatkal and Iqbal Bhatkal who are being harboured by Pakistan`s Intelligence agency ISI.
"The communication was being made through web chat communication on the Internet which are being analysed since these are in coded language," the NIA said in its plea while seeking extension of police remand of Yasin by eight days.
The probe agency also told the court, which extended NIA`s custody of Yasin till September 21, that as per his disclosure several foreign nationals from Pakistan and Nepal were also "involved in recruitment, financing, training and providing tactical support to the accused persons as well as other IM members who are not arrested yet."
It also said Yasin had told the interrogators that some of his Indian associates are now in Pakistan, Nepal and the Middle-East and they were also involved in the conspiracy.
"One such associate has been identified and examined in the last seven days and a large number remain to be identified and located," it said.
The NIA also said Yasin had "used his earlier contacts, acquaintances and associates in furtherance of the conspiracy to organise mass casualty bomb blasts at several places in the country."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow