ISIS has `bigger plans` for India in its aim for global jihad, warn experts
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Iraqi militants known as Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) long had a goal to establish an Islamic state, or caliphate, stretching across the Middle East. Taking over parts of Iraq was always at the top of ISIS agenda and security experts now warn that the terror group has `bigger plan` for India in its aim for global expansion.
A recently released world dominian map by the al Qaeda-aligned terror outfit shows parts of north-west India, including Gujarat, as part of the Islamic state of Khorasan which the terror group aims to achieve.
According to sources, there were inputs that jihadists from India are fighting in Iraq and some of which are said to return to act as a link between the outfit in the Middle East and the Indian subcontinent.
The ISIS offensive in the Middle East which appears as a distant problem with 40 Indians caught in the fighting is a danger that India needs to prepare for.
Meanwhile, the Indian government is working on various ways to free the 40 Indian hostages who were kidnapped by members of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria from a construction site.
The Ministry of External Affairs today said that Iraqi Foreign Ministry has told India that they have found the location where militants have kept the abducted workers.
However, no contact has been established with any of the abducted Indians. There is also no ransom demand for the release of the kidnapped Indians as of yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt