ISIS has `bigger plans` for India in its aim for global jihad, warn experts
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Iraqi militants known as Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) long had a goal to establish an Islamic state, or caliphate, stretching across the Middle East. Taking over parts of Iraq was always at the top of ISIS agenda and security experts now warn that the terror group has `bigger plan` for India in its aim for global expansion.
A recently released world dominian map by the al Qaeda-aligned terror outfit shows parts of north-west India, including Gujarat, as part of the Islamic state of Khorasan which the terror group aims to achieve.
According to sources, there were inputs that jihadists from India are fighting in Iraq and some of which are said to return to act as a link between the outfit in the Middle East and the Indian subcontinent.
The ISIS offensive in the Middle East which appears as a distant problem with 40 Indians caught in the fighting is a danger that India needs to prepare for.
Meanwhile, the Indian government is working on various ways to free the 40 Indian hostages who were kidnapped by members of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria from a construction site.
The Ministry of External Affairs today said that Iraqi Foreign Ministry has told India that they have found the location where militants have kept the abducted workers.
However, no contact has been established with any of the abducted Indians. There is also no ransom demand for the release of the kidnapped Indians as of yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack