ISIS militants blow up hospital, 5 Indian nurses injured: Report
Zee Media Bureau
Baghdad: Militants of the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) blew up a hospital that housed 46 Indian nurses in Tikrit, a report said on Thursday.
A leading newspaper on its Twitter handle said five nurses sustained splinter injuries due to the blast.
The nurses are being moved to Mosul, added the report.
Meanwhile, Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said all 46 Indian nurses holed up in Tikrit in Iraq have been moved out.
Earlier, reports had claimed that the 46 Indian nurses stranded in Iraq`s Tikrit town hardly slept through the night and till early Thursday morning had not boarded a bus brought for them by ISIS militants to leave for Mosul.
"One of the nurses called up her home in Kerala today early morning and passed on this information. They continue to have no clue what is going to happen next," a news agency had quoted a source as saying earlier today.
The nurses had not boarded the bus till 5.45 am.
"The safety of these nurses is of prime concern. We wish to get them back at the earliest," Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, who reached Delhi late last night, had told reporters before his meeting with External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj.
Another source said that Chandy "spoke to the nurses and also to the Indian embassy officials in Baghdad".
Wednesday was the second time in two days that these nurses refused to board the bus brought by "some English-speaking men" to the hospital compound in Tikrit where they have been stranded for more than two weeks.
(With IANS inputs)
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say