ISIS militants blow up hospital, 5 Indian nurses injured: Report
Zee Media Bureau
Baghdad: Militants of the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) blew up a hospital that housed 46 Indian nurses in Tikrit, a report said on Thursday.
A leading newspaper on its Twitter handle said five nurses sustained splinter injuries due to the blast.
The nurses are being moved to Mosul, added the report.
Meanwhile, Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said all 46 Indian nurses holed up in Tikrit in Iraq have been moved out.
Earlier, reports had claimed that the 46 Indian nurses stranded in Iraq`s Tikrit town hardly slept through the night and till early Thursday morning had not boarded a bus brought for them by ISIS militants to leave for Mosul.
"One of the nurses called up her home in Kerala today early morning and passed on this information. They continue to have no clue what is going to happen next," a news agency had quoted a source as saying earlier today.
The nurses had not boarded the bus till 5.45 am.
"The safety of these nurses is of prime concern. We wish to get them back at the earliest," Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, who reached Delhi late last night, had told reporters before his meeting with External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj.
Another source said that Chandy "spoke to the nurses and also to the Indian embassy officials in Baghdad".
Wednesday was the second time in two days that these nurses refused to board the bus brought by "some English-speaking men" to the hospital compound in Tikrit where they have been stranded for more than two weeks.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez