ISI’s new plan - arm Maoists
New Delhi: The Intelligence Bureau (IB) has sounded warning bells on a new plan by Pakistan’s notorious ISI to spread terror in India.
As per exclusive details available with Zee News, the IB in a letter dated October 18 to the DGPs, Chief Secretaries of all Naxal affected states, Ministry of Home Affairs and other security agencies has warned that ISI is adopting a new strategy to spread terrorism in hinterland of India; while it will itself remain in the background.
According to the intelligence report, ISI now plans to equip CPI (Maoists) with sophisticated arms and ammunition. The report further says that North East’s militant group Kamitpur Liberation Organisation (KLO) has emerged as the biggest supplier of weapons to Maoists.
The KLO is said to be sourcing weapons from ULFA’s Paresh Baurua faction based in Bangladesh. Barua is considered to be very close to the ISI establishment.
The report also says the ISI`s new nefarious plan can become a big threat to internal security of India and hence needs to be checked at its roots with firm action.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know