ISI’s new plan - arm Maoists
New Delhi: The Intelligence Bureau (IB) has sounded warning bells on a new plan by Pakistan’s notorious ISI to spread terror in India.
As per exclusive details available with Zee News, the IB in a letter dated October 18 to the DGPs, Chief Secretaries of all Naxal affected states, Ministry of Home Affairs and other security agencies has warned that ISI is adopting a new strategy to spread terrorism in hinterland of India; while it will itself remain in the background.
According to the intelligence report, ISI now plans to equip CPI (Maoists) with sophisticated arms and ammunition. The report further says that North East’s militant group Kamitpur Liberation Organisation (KLO) has emerged as the biggest supplier of weapons to Maoists.
The KLO is said to be sourcing weapons from ULFA’s Paresh Baurua faction based in Bangladesh. Barua is considered to be very close to the ISI establishment.
The report also says the ISI`s new nefarious plan can become a big threat to internal security of India and hence needs to be checked at its roots with firm action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city