ISI’s new plan - arm Maoists
New Delhi: The Intelligence Bureau (IB) has sounded warning bells on a new plan by Pakistan’s notorious ISI to spread terror in India.
As per exclusive details available with Zee News, the IB in a letter dated October 18 to the DGPs, Chief Secretaries of all Naxal affected states, Ministry of Home Affairs and other security agencies has warned that ISI is adopting a new strategy to spread terrorism in hinterland of India; while it will itself remain in the background.
According to the intelligence report, ISI now plans to equip CPI (Maoists) with sophisticated arms and ammunition. The report further says that North East’s militant group Kamitpur Liberation Organisation (KLO) has emerged as the biggest supplier of weapons to Maoists.
The KLO is said to be sourcing weapons from ULFA’s Paresh Baurua faction based in Bangladesh. Barua is considered to be very close to the ISI establishment.
The report also says the ISI`s new nefarious plan can become a big threat to internal security of India and hence needs to be checked at its roots with firm action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi