Israel displays Iron Dome missile defence tech at Aeroshow
Bangalore: Calling India an "intimate partner" in its aim to protect and defend its citizens, Israel today showcased its Iron Dome missile defence technology which recently thwarted a massive rocket attack on half of its population.
Unveiling the technology at the ongoing Aero India show here, Israeli Ambassador to India Alon Ushpiz also noted how the technology prevented escalation of conflict during the recent military operation.
"In the recent operation Pillar of Defence, when 1,500 rockets were fired by terrorists, targeting over half of Israel`s population, including Jerusalem and Tel Aviv, everyone watched with awe and admiration how the Iron Dome performed," Ushpiz said.
"We will thankfully never know how many people owe their lives to this system and to the people who developed it," he said.
Describing it as the epitome of Israeli defence innovation, creativity, and professionalism, Ushpiz said, "The Iron Dome proved itself as a remarkable asset, not only because it saved numerous lives, but it also clearly prevented an escalation of the conflict".
Ushpiz said it was a "special moment" today as, "We are displaying these solutions for the first time here in India, an intimate partner of Israel in our mutual strive to protect and defend our citizens".
It is a great source of pride for us to present these systems here in India, in one of the most important aero shows in the world, he said.
The program was attended by senior officials from Israeli Defence Ministry including its Director General Major General (Ret) Udi Shani and Chairman of one of its major military equipment manufacturer Major General (Ret) Ilan Biran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users