Israeli attack: ED to probe funds source
New Delhi: The Enforcement Directorate has
begun a probe into the source of alleged foreign funds
received in the accounts of journalist Syed Mohd Ahmad Kazmi
arrested in connection with the bomb attack on an Israeli
The agency is probing the case under the provisions of
the Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA) after Delhi Police
recently wrote to the agency to probe the source and use of
the foreign remittances in Kazmi`s accounts.
Delhi Police Commissioner B K Gupta had recently said
that Kazmi and his wife have been receiving foreign
remittances regularly and till March 16 his wife has allegedly
received Rs 18,78,500 and Kazmi Rs 3.80 lakh as foreign
remittances regarding which "there is no satisfactory
Kazmi`s family and his colleagues have denied all the
allegations against him and have demanded a fair probe into
The agency, according to sources, will send a report to
the Delhi Police once it gets the full information of these
funds from the RBI and other foreign payment agents.
The ED will also probe yet another fund of USD 5,500,
which was allegedly received in Kazmi`s accounts.
Kazmi (50), who was writing for Iranian publications, was
arrested on March six following investigations into the
February 13 incident where a magnet bomb was stuck on the rear
of an Israeli embassy vehicle in the heart of the national
Four people, including the wife of an Israeli diplomat,
were injured in the bombing incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins