Israeli car blast: Kazmi walks out of Tihar Jail
New Delhi: Journalist Syed Mohammad Ahmed Kazmi, who was arrested in March for his alleged role in the bomb attack here on an Israeli diplomat`s car in February, walked out of Tihar Jail on Saturday, a day after the Supreme Court granted him bail.
The apex court directed that Kazmi be "released on bail to the satisfaction of the chief metropolitan magistrate, upon such conditions as may be deemed fit and proper".
The top court directed Kazmi to surrender his passport, report to the local police station, and not leave the city limits where he would be residing without the permission of the Court, so as to ensure his presence at the time of the trial.
Kazmi was detained under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act in connection with the February 13 blast in an Israeli embassy vehicle that took place on Aurangzeb Road-Race Course Road crossing, near the Prime Minister`s official residence.
The Israeli defence attache`s wife Tel Yehoshua Koren, who was travelling in the car, was injured in the blast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth