Israeli car blast: Kazmi walks out of Tihar Jail
New Delhi: Journalist Syed Mohammad Ahmed Kazmi, who was arrested in March for his alleged role in the bomb attack here on an Israeli diplomat`s car in February, walked out of Tihar Jail on Saturday, a day after the Supreme Court granted him bail.
The apex court directed that Kazmi be "released on bail to the satisfaction of the chief metropolitan magistrate, upon such conditions as may be deemed fit and proper".
The top court directed Kazmi to surrender his passport, report to the local police station, and not leave the city limits where he would be residing without the permission of the Court, so as to ensure his presence at the time of the trial.
Kazmi was detained under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act in connection with the February 13 blast in an Israeli embassy vehicle that took place on Aurangzeb Road-Race Course Road crossing, near the Prime Minister`s official residence.
The Israeli defence attache`s wife Tel Yehoshua Koren, who was travelling in the car, was injured in the blast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH