Israeli car blast: Kazmi walks out of Tihar Jail
New Delhi: Journalist Syed Mohammad Ahmed Kazmi, who was arrested in March for his alleged role in the bomb attack here on an Israeli diplomat`s car in February, walked out of Tihar Jail on Saturday, a day after the Supreme Court granted him bail.
The apex court directed that Kazmi be "released on bail to the satisfaction of the chief metropolitan magistrate, upon such conditions as may be deemed fit and proper".
The top court directed Kazmi to surrender his passport, report to the local police station, and not leave the city limits where he would be residing without the permission of the Court, so as to ensure his presence at the time of the trial.
Kazmi was detained under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act in connection with the February 13 blast in an Israeli embassy vehicle that took place on Aurangzeb Road-Race Course Road crossing, near the Prime Minister`s official residence.
The Israeli defence attache`s wife Tel Yehoshua Koren, who was travelling in the car, was injured in the blast.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!