Israeli car blast: Kazmi walks out of Tihar Jail
New Delhi: Journalist Syed Mohammad Ahmed Kazmi, who was arrested in March for his alleged role in the bomb attack here on an Israeli diplomat`s car in February, walked out of Tihar Jail on Saturday, a day after the Supreme Court granted him bail.
The apex court directed that Kazmi be "released on bail to the satisfaction of the chief metropolitan magistrate, upon such conditions as may be deemed fit and proper".
The top court directed Kazmi to surrender his passport, report to the local police station, and not leave the city limits where he would be residing without the permission of the Court, so as to ensure his presence at the time of the trial.
Kazmi was detained under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act in connection with the February 13 blast in an Israeli embassy vehicle that took place on Aurangzeb Road-Race Course Road crossing, near the Prime Minister`s official residence.
The Israeli defence attache`s wife Tel Yehoshua Koren, who was travelling in the car, was injured in the blast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- The Pot Simmers: Beef Politics in UP; Beef Festival in Kerala