Israeli car blast: Open warrant against 3 Iranians
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Wednesday issued an
"open warrant" against three Iranian nationals in connection
with the February 13 Israeli diplomat car bombing in which
journalist Syed Mohammed Ahmad Kazmi is already under arrest.
The warrant was issued by Chief Metropolitan Magistrate
Vinod Yadav on an application moved by the Special Cell of
Delhi Police saying the trio were involved in the blast and
had left the country immediately after the incident.
The police, which named the three Iranians in its
application, told the court that the probe so far has revealed
that they are not in the Indian territory and their
whereabouts are not known.
The open warrant will authorise the investigators to take
necessary action against the accused as and when they are
Meanwhile, the court rejected the plea of Syed Mohammed
Ahmad Kazmi, arrested for his alleged role in car bombing
case, for being supplied with all documents and evidence on
basis of which he has been made an accused in the matter and
his arrest has been effected.
The court said since the matter is being investigated,
his plea cannot be granted.
The blast was caused by a magnetic bomb stuck to the
vehicle of diplomat Tal Yehoshua, injuring her and her Indian
driver, besides two others.
Kazmi, who claimed to have been writing for an Iranian
publication, was picked up after a probe showed that he was in
touch with the suspect who is believed to have stuck the
magnetic bomb on the car.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon