Israeli car blast: Open warrant against 3 Iranians
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Wednesday issued an
"open warrant" against three Iranian nationals in connection
with the February 13 Israeli diplomat car bombing in which
journalist Syed Mohammed Ahmad Kazmi is already under arrest.
The warrant was issued by Chief Metropolitan Magistrate
Vinod Yadav on an application moved by the Special Cell of
Delhi Police saying the trio were involved in the blast and
had left the country immediately after the incident.
The police, which named the three Iranians in its
application, told the court that the probe so far has revealed
that they are not in the Indian territory and their
whereabouts are not known.
The open warrant will authorise the investigators to take
necessary action against the accused as and when they are
Meanwhile, the court rejected the plea of Syed Mohammed
Ahmad Kazmi, arrested for his alleged role in car bombing
case, for being supplied with all documents and evidence on
basis of which he has been made an accused in the matter and
his arrest has been effected.
The court said since the matter is being investigated,
his plea cannot be granted.
The blast was caused by a magnetic bomb stuck to the
vehicle of diplomat Tal Yehoshua, injuring her and her Indian
driver, besides two others.
Kazmi, who claimed to have been writing for an Iranian
publication, was picked up after a probe showed that he was in
touch with the suspect who is believed to have stuck the
magnetic bomb on the car.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened