Israeli diplomat attack case: CBI to move Interpol

Last Updated: Monday, March 19, 2012 - 21:34

New Delhi: The CBI will soon approach
Interpol Headquarters for issuing of look-out notices against
three Iranian nationals who are suspected to behind the bomb
attack on an Israeli diplomat here last month.

The CBI, which serves as the nodal organisation in the
country dealing with Interpol matters, will send the request
by tomorrow to its international headquarters, agency sources

They said the agency is in final stages of processing the
request of the Delhi Police for issuing of the highest-level
look-out notice -- Red Corner Notice -- against Houshang
Afshar Irani, Syed Ali Mahdiansadr and Mohammadreza
Abolghasemi, believed to be behind the attack.

City Police Commissioner B K Gupta had claimed that the
Iranians had allegedly conducted reconnaissance of the Israeli
embassy earlier with the help of an Indian journalist Syed
Ahemed Kazmi who was arrested on March six.
The police had claimed that the module, which attacked
the Israeli embassy car on February 13 on Aurangazeb road,
injuring a mission employee and three others, had recceed the
mission office way back in May last year before returning to
check again in January and February.

Investigators said they tracked Kazmi after the arrest of
Masoud Sedaghatzadeh, the operational head of the module which
carried out the attack in Bangkok in Malaysia.
According to police sources, Sedaghatzadeh was in touch
with Irani and technical surveillance of Irani led to his
alleged links with Kazmi. Irani, after his visit to Delhi in
February, fled to Malaysia before the attack, they said.


Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.

First Published: Monday, March 19, 2012 - 20:39

More from zeenews

comments powered by Disqus