Israeli diplomats use taxis after attack
Tel Aviv: Israeli diplomats across the world used taxis or public transport after twin attacks in India and Georgia, a media report said here.
Israeli institutions have been placed on high alert following the attacks on Israeli personnel in India and Georgia on Monday, reported israelnationalnews.com.
Citing a report on Channel 10, it said that Israel`s security agencies, including Mossad, have directed all Israeli diplomats not to use their vehicles until these can be inspected.
Officials were being sent home by taxi out of fear that their vehicles may be booby-trapped, the report said.
An Israeli embassy car carrying the wife of a defence attache was targeted in a terror attack in New Delhi while in Georgian capital Tbilisi, police defused a car bombing device attached to a vehicle belonging to a Georgian national working for the Israeli embassy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch