Israeli diplomats use taxis after attack
Tel Aviv: Israeli diplomats across the world used taxis or public transport after twin attacks in India and Georgia, a media report said here.
Israeli institutions have been placed on high alert following the attacks on Israeli personnel in India and Georgia on Monday, reported israelnationalnews.com.
Citing a report on Channel 10, it said that Israel`s security agencies, including Mossad, have directed all Israeli diplomats not to use their vehicles until these can be inspected.
Officials were being sent home by taxi out of fear that their vehicles may be booby-trapped, the report said.
An Israeli embassy car carrying the wife of a defence attache was targeted in a terror attack in New Delhi while in Georgian capital Tbilisi, police defused a car bombing device attached to a vehicle belonging to a Georgian national working for the Israeli embassy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars