Israeli diplomats use taxis after attack
Tel Aviv: Israeli diplomats across the world used taxis or public transport after twin attacks in India and Georgia, a media report said here.
Israeli institutions have been placed on high alert following the attacks on Israeli personnel in India and Georgia on Monday, reported israelnationalnews.com.
Citing a report on Channel 10, it said that Israel`s security agencies, including Mossad, have directed all Israeli diplomats not to use their vehicles until these can be inspected.
Officials were being sent home by taxi out of fear that their vehicles may be booby-trapped, the report said.
An Israeli embassy car carrying the wife of a defence attache was targeted in a terror attack in New Delhi while in Georgian capital Tbilisi, police defused a car bombing device attached to a vehicle belonging to a Georgian national working for the Israeli embassy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Sania Mirza overcomes Rio failure; lifts the Connecticut Open trophy to gear up for US Open
- MASSIVE! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' celebrates 50 days in theatres – Details inside
- Vishal Dadlani apologises, quits politics after controversial Jain monk tweet
- Toni Kroos rocket rescues Real Madrid in Cristiano Ronaldo's absence; Atletico Madrid held again
- Suspected Kurdish militants fire rockets at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport: Media