Israeli embassy car blast: `Missing` documents traced
New Delhi: Documents reported "missing" from a Delhi court in a case against journalist Syed Mohammed Ahmad Kazmi, held for his alleged role in the Feb 13 blast in an Israeli embassy car here, were traced and given to a judge Thursday.
Papers related to Kazmi`s remand application and order sheet were traced by the staff of a magistrate court, which earlier heard the case, and placed before Additional Sessions Judge Surinder Singh Rathi.
The documents were placed in the court after Judge Rathi pulled up the magistrate court staff.
Judge Rathi was hearing a revision petition filed by Kazmi`s counsel Mehmood Pracha, Gajinder Kumar and Sheikh Faraz Iqbal challenging a magisterial court order.
Kazmi`s counsel requested the court to set aside the magistrate`s order and grant certified copies of the records pertaining to judicial and police custody of the applicant.
"The accused (Kazmi) has a constitutional right to know the grounds and reasons of his prolonged detention and the same cannot be denied to him under any circumstances," said Kazmi`s petition.
He told the court that the magistrate court`s order denied him access to such order whereby his detention had been permitted.
When Judge Rathi asked the magistrate court`s staff to place the documents required by Kazmi in the cour they initially told him that the documents were not traceable. But a little later, they presented the documents before him.
Judge Rathi said: "They (court staff) have wasted the crucial judicial time of the court despite an advance notice was served to them for submitting all the papers."
The court would next take up the matter Friday.
On Feb 13, four people were injured when an Israeli embassy car was struck by a bomb near the prime minister`s house in central Delhi.
Tal Yehoshua Koren, wife of the Israeli defence attache, suffered multiple injuries when a motorcycle rider attached a magnetic explosive device to her car and sped away. Within seconds, the device exploded, setting the car on fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?