Israeli man accused of drug peddling gets bail
Panaji: A Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic
Substances (NDPS) Court here today granted bail to alleged
Israeli drug dealer Yaniv Benaim alias Atala for lack of
evidence against him.
Judge Bimba Thali passing the order also banned Atala
from visiting the coastal belt of Goa.
The accused was arrested in connection with a police-drug
peddler nexus case, which saw the arrest of seven policemen
Atala`s girlfriend Lucky Farmhouse had exposed the nexus
linkages by uploading a series of videos allegedly showing
Atala confessing that he was being sold drugs by policemen
from anti narcotic cell police station.
All the seven cops, including Police Inspector Ashish
Shirodkar, were released on bail by the High court after
passing severe strictures against the police investigation.
Following the court`s verdict, police said even though
Atala has been set free on bail, there was no threat to
Lucky`s life as he will not be allowed to leave the country.
Lucky is currently in Sweden after spending almost a
month in Mumbai shooting for a commercial.
"We have contacted Lucky and are waiting for her
response, she has not yet responded," deputy Superintendent of
Police, Chandrakant Salgaonkar said.
Crime Branch, which is investigating the police drug
peddler nexus, had failed to get Lucky`s statement.
In a media interview, Lucky had said that son of a
politician had often visited Atala`s place in Goa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH