ISRO Chairman unfazed by Nair`s outbursts
Bangalore: ISRO Chairman K Radhakrishnan was reportedly unfazed by his predecessor G Madhavan Nair`s outbursts against him over government`s damning action in connection with the scrapped Antrix-Devas deal.
A source close to Radhakrishnan claimed today that the chief of Indian Space Research Organisation(ISRO) remained unfazed and he believes he has not done anything wrong and was unperturbed by the affected party, a reference to Nair, giving vent to his feelings.
Radhakrishnan has so far chosen not to react to Nair`s pungent attack on him.
The government`s action barring Nair and three eminent space scientists from any re-employment for their alleged role in the controversial allocation of scarce S-band space segment to private firm Devas and his subsequent diatribe against Radhakrishnan has caused a disquiet among senior ISRO scientists here.
The scientists, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said these events were a sad episode and that the space agency`s image has certainly taken a severe beating.
"It`s like ISRO edifice crumbling," one of them said while another felt it was worse than a "couple of mission failures."
One scientist said whatever work done in ISRO over the years is shattered in one moment.
Nair, architect of India`s first moon mission, has blamed Radhakrishnan for the government action, accusing him of misleading the Government and pursuing a "personal agenda".
Targeting Radhakrishnan, Nair said: "He has misled the Government on the whole issue (the deal). He is the key person who worked behind this; he misled and miscommunicated to the Government and he has taken action".
"This (the action) is a complete act of cowardice," he added. Nair had also said that "ISRO is going to dogs".
Former ISRO Chairman U R Rao when asked by PTI for his reaction on the action against Nair and three others said, "I have no idea at all. I have nothing to do with it".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre