ISRO refuses to share details on Nair`s complaint
New Delhi: ISRO has refused to share details of the progress of former space agency chief G Madhavan Nair`s complaint on the action taken against him in the controversial Antrix-Devas deal, saying a probe was still on in the matter.
"As further investigations on the subject matter is in progress, providing the information at this stage would impede the ongoing investigation. Hence, dissemination of information is exempted from disclosure under Section 8 (1) (h) of the RTI Act," ISRO said in reply to an RTI query filed by a news agency.
ISRO was asked to provide copies of correspondence received from its former and present scientists or officials in connection with the deal and action taken on them.
Section 8(1)(h) of the Right to Information Act bars disclosure of "information which would impede the process of investigation or apprehension or prosecution of offenders", it said.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had on May 31, last year constituted a five-member high-level team (HLT) under the chairmanship of former Central Vigilance Commissioner Pratyush Sinha, to examine various aspects of the controversial
agreement between Antrix Pvt Ltd and Devas Multimedia Pvt Ltd.
The HLT was asked to examine the report of the two-member High Powered Review Committee (HPRC) constituted by the Prime Minister`s Office on February 10, 2011.
It was also asked to examine the entire gamut of the decision making process followed in signing the agreement with Devas Multimedia and suggest future course of action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi