ISRO to provide satellite images of Sabarimala
Thiruvananthapuram: Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) has offered to provide satellite pictures of Sabarimala area using remote sensing technology for taking measures to prevent disasters like the stampede that claimed 102 lives last week.
ISRO Chairman Dr K Radhakrishnan said such three dimensional images would help the government and temple board to improve infrastructure in Sabarimala area and help to avoid
"To avert such disasters in future, we are ready to provide the three dimensional pictures to the state government. They could provide a clear view of each and every landscape," Radhakrishnan told reporters on the sidelines of an international conference on `Contemporary Trends in Optics and Optoelectronics` here.
With the support of Union government, ISRO had already prepared a databank of peripheral pictures of around 200 districts in the country. The agency would soon expand the
programme across the country, ISRO Chairman said.
Dr T K Alex, Director, ISRO Satellite Centre (ISAC) said the satellite pictures by Indian space agency has demands even among developed countries.
"Even developed countries use the pictures produced by ISRO. In the cases like Sabarimala, we are ready to provide the pictures of the terrain to government. With the help of that, they can build roads, renovate buildings and can make other arrangements," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31