Issue white paper on utilisation of funds: Pilot to BSP
Lucknow: Rubbishing BSP`s allegation that
the UPA government at the Centre was neglecting Uttar Pradesh,
Union Minister Sachin Pilot on Sunday said on the contrary, it had
released funds amounting to several thousand crore rupees for
development of the state.
The young Congress leader asked the BSP-led Mayawati
dispensation in UP to issue a white paper on funds released by
the Centre in the past three years and its utilisation by the
"Instead of levelling allegations, the BSP government
should issue a white paper on how much fund the Centre has
released to the state in the last three years.
"It should also tell people where all this money was
spent," Pilot, here to attend a party function in Unnao, said.
The BSP has launched an agitation in Uttar Pradesh to
protest what it alleged the step-motherly treatment meted out
to its government by the UPA dispensation.
Pilot said the UPA government had released funds to
the tune of several thousand crore rupees for development of
the state and for creation of more employment opportunities.
"People want to know whether the funds were not
swallowed by the elephant (election symbol of the BSP)," he
The Union Minister of State for Communication and IT
said not only the BSP, but other political parties, including
the BJP and the SP, which had ruled the state should also
issue white papers on the work carried out during their
"It is a misfortune of the state that the opposition
parties always indulge in Congress bashing to gain power and
have divided the state on caste and community lines," he said.
Terming the 2012 UP assembly polls as crucial, Pilot
said thanks to efforts of Congress general secretary Rahul
Gandhi the party would be able to unite the youths and defeat
politics of caste and religion in the state.
"We will make a comeback in UP," he said.
Referring to party`s performance in the state during
the Lok Sabha elections when it won 22 out of 80 seats, Pilot
said the result was a clear indicator that the Congress` base
had strengthened in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...