Issue white paper on utilisation of funds: Pilot to BSP
Lucknow: Rubbishing BSP`s allegation that
the UPA government at the Centre was neglecting Uttar Pradesh,
Union Minister Sachin Pilot on Sunday said on the contrary, it had
released funds amounting to several thousand crore rupees for
development of the state.
The young Congress leader asked the BSP-led Mayawati
dispensation in UP to issue a white paper on funds released by
the Centre in the past three years and its utilisation by the
"Instead of levelling allegations, the BSP government
should issue a white paper on how much fund the Centre has
released to the state in the last three years.
"It should also tell people where all this money was
spent," Pilot, here to attend a party function in Unnao, said.
The BSP has launched an agitation in Uttar Pradesh to
protest what it alleged the step-motherly treatment meted out
to its government by the UPA dispensation.
Pilot said the UPA government had released funds to
the tune of several thousand crore rupees for development of
the state and for creation of more employment opportunities.
"People want to know whether the funds were not
swallowed by the elephant (election symbol of the BSP)," he
The Union Minister of State for Communication and IT
said not only the BSP, but other political parties, including
the BJP and the SP, which had ruled the state should also
issue white papers on the work carried out during their
"It is a misfortune of the state that the opposition
parties always indulge in Congress bashing to gain power and
have divided the state on caste and community lines," he said.
Terming the 2012 UP assembly polls as crucial, Pilot
said thanks to efforts of Congress general secretary Rahul
Gandhi the party would be able to unite the youths and defeat
politics of caste and religion in the state.
"We will make a comeback in UP," he said.
Referring to party`s performance in the state during
the Lok Sabha elections when it won 22 out of 80 seats, Pilot
said the result was a clear indicator that the Congress` base
had strengthened in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble