IT industry a key constituent in Indo-US ties: Rao
Washington: The Indian IT industry is a key
constituent in the growing Indo-US relationship, India`s top
diplomat in Washington Nirupama Rao has said.
"The Indian IT industry is one of the key constituents
and stakeholders in the rapidly growing India-US relationship, and is committed to seeking long term technology partnerships with US," Rao said.
Rao was speaking at an event at Centre for Strategic and
International Studies, a Washington-based think tank, held to
launch a report, titled `India`s Tech Industry in the US` of
The report launched along with the NASSCOM president,
Som Mittal, details contributions of the Indian IT industry to
the US economy, including through job creation, local hiring,
enhancing of the competitiveness of US businesses, and
undertaking social responsibility tasks in cooperation with
Rao said as the India-US Strategic Partnership has grown,
so has the willingness of the Indian IT firms to populate it
with concrete commercial underpinnings, both in the broader
field of knowledge economy and the specific area of IT and a
range of IT enabled services.
Indian IT companies are competitive and top end and only
seek a level playing field in growing their business
engagement with the United States, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- OP Jaisha marathon row: Vijay Goyal passes the buck to IOA, assures probe
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!
- Status of political parties to be reviewed every 10 years