It is up to BJP to decide on PM candidate: RSS
Gorakhpur: As the debate in the BJP over
its Prime Ministerial candidate refuses to die down, the RSS
on Sunday said senior leader LK will himself make it clear if he
is in the race for the post and insisted it is up to the party
to decide on the matter when it comes.
"Advani has said it in his own words... there is still
time. The party decides the issue and it will decide. I think,
perhaps, he has also said this is an issue to be decided by
the party. I think he will himself make it clear. The Sangh
has never asked him to," RSS General Secretary Suresh
"Bhaiyyaji" Joshi said here.
Asked who between Advani, Sushma Swaraj, Arun Jaitley
and Narendra Modi is best suited to become BJP`s Prime
Ministerial candidate, he said this decision will have to be
made by the party.
"Sangh does not take such decisions and neither do we
give directions," Joshi said.
BJP President Nitin Gadkari has already said a decision
on who will be the Prime Ministerial candidate will be taken
by the party`s highest decision-making body, the Parliamentary
Board, after the general elections.
However, since then several leaders, including Advani,
have spoken in voices different from that of Gadkari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing