It may not be a US presidential-style race in LS polls: Vijay Mallya
Bangalore: Business tycoon and Rajya Sabha MP Vijay Mallya on Tuesday said that although BJP had announced Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as its prime ministerial candidate, that would not necessarily lead to a US-style Presidential race in the upcoming Lok Sabha polls.
"If BJP has announced its prime ministerial candidate, (then) good for them. At least, the voter knows who the prime ministerial candidate is.
"If you are asking me whether that will necessarily mean that there will be a sort of US-style Presidential race, then I don`t think so," he told reporters here.
Moreover, there is still a while to go and many things may happen in the intervening period, Mallya said.
"There are also many factors that will ultimately influence the electoral prospects of each political party, especially the big two (BJP and Congress)," he said.
Asked if he saw Modi as a better leader for the corporate sector, Mallya said the country needs a government that would address the concerns of all stakeholders.
"India is a complex country and an equally complex economy. You need a comprehensive solution, not a solution that targets only one stakeholder (the corporate world)," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- The Pot Simmers: Beef Politics in UP; Beef Festival in Kerala