IT searches on premises of Naresh Gujral
New Delhi: The Income Tax department on Wednesday conducted a survey on the premises of Rajya Sabha member Naresh Gujral in connection with its probe into a multi-crore land deal in Gurgaon.
Sources in the department said a team I-T sleuths visited the offices and residential premises of Gujral in Delhi and NCR region and inspected certain documents related to the land deal.
Admitting the I-T survey, Gujral claimed that the authorities have not found anything incriminating.
"They came for a survey and have found nothing incriminating of any kind at all. I hope it is not a political game being played," Gujral told PTI.
Gujral is son of former Prime Minister late I K Gujral and a Shiromani Akali Dal MP.
Sources in the Income Tax department said the survey pertained to a land deal by a company owned by Gujral in neigbouring Gurgaon in partnership with owners of a leading paint company.
The deal is worth a few crores of rupees and the probe was related to a real estate deal that was struck by the company sometime back, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love