IT searches on premises of Naresh Gujral
New Delhi: The Income Tax department on Wednesday conducted a survey on the premises of Rajya Sabha member Naresh Gujral in connection with its probe into a multi-crore land deal in Gurgaon.
Sources in the department said a team I-T sleuths visited the offices and residential premises of Gujral in Delhi and NCR region and inspected certain documents related to the land deal.
Admitting the I-T survey, Gujral claimed that the authorities have not found anything incriminating.
"They came for a survey and have found nothing incriminating of any kind at all. I hope it is not a political game being played," Gujral told PTI.
Gujral is son of former Prime Minister late I K Gujral and a Shiromani Akali Dal MP.
Sources in the Income Tax department said the survey pertained to a land deal by a company owned by Gujral in neigbouring Gurgaon in partnership with owners of a leading paint company.
The deal is worth a few crores of rupees and the probe was related to a real estate deal that was struck by the company sometime back, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers