It was all very scary: Eyewitnesses
Faridabad: Residents of the Parvatiya colony near Sector 22 here woke up due to a deafening roar and saw a huge fire-ball, as an air ambulance aircraft crashed over two houses of this congested colony late Wednesday night.
Eyewitnesses said that aircraft broke into nearly three pieces and its main part fell on the roof of one of the ill-fated house. Fire brigade vans faced much difficulty to cross the congested streets while reaching the accident spot. It delayed the rescue work.
"It was all very scary. We woke up with a thunderous sound and saw flames erupting outside our house. The crashed aircraft had also damaged the grills of the boundary wall of our house. Fire brigade vans reached the spot late as they faced difficulty in crossing narrow streets of our colony," said one of the eyewitnesses, who is the resident of Parvatiya colony here.
"So far we have seen police officials taking away the bodies of at least nine persons. However, few people, who are residents of houses on which the aircraft crashed, are still missing. The rescue work is on at war scale," said another eyewitness.
Seven people, including two pilots, were killed when the air ambulance with a critically ill patient on board, crashed in a densely populated area of Faridabad on the outskirts of the national capital late Wednesday night, barely minutes before it was to land here, police and aviation officials said.
Three people died on the ground and one was injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons
- Superstar Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' hits screens; fans disappointed as tickets sold out
- Curfew continues across Kashmir Valley as separatists extend shutdown till Monday
- France committed to leading Israel-Palestine talks: Hollande
- US sues Pennsylvania town for ban on building mosque