It was my decision to give interview: Delhi braveheart’s friend
New Delhi: Delhi braveheart’s friend has said that the exclusive interview, which he gave to Zee News recounting the horror of December 16, was not a publicity stunt.
“There was no particular intention to come on News. I had been watching everything on TV. Many of these were correct representation, but some were dramatised too. I also noted that most of the discussions on news channels focused on other things than the real issue. The actual problem that we faced, only I can tell. Protests were taking place, police were resorting to lathicharge and water cannons. Announcement of fast-track courts was made, politicians were airing views. However, the actual problem is, people don’t get autos at night. Even when they get, autowallahas demand exorbitant fares. Also, police doesn’t help victims when accidents happen. Complaints are filed, but it takes years to get justice. Sometimes, even the victim dies before the verdict comes,” he told Zee News.
The braveheart’s friend said debates in media and at other fora have become a show-off. Their focus is not on people’s real problems.
When asked if he faced any problem while deciding to come on Zee News and face the nation, the victim’s friend said, “No, I did not face any problem. If my small effort can bring about change in the system, then it will be good for me as well as everyone else.”
Asked whether he has given this interview on his own and to give a positive message, the victim’s friend said, “My aim behind giving the interview wasn’t any publicity stunt or to cash-in on the issue. Till the chargesheet was filed, I did not speak to anyone. Only after I felt that a lot had been done in the case, I decided on my own to come out in the open and help the society in my own way.”
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata