It will take one to two years to set up Telengana state
New Delhi: Despite Centre`s announcement
that it will initiate the process of formation of Telengana,
the proposed state could see the light of the day not before a
year or two considering the logistics it would be required for
a new administration.
Home Ministry officials said a mammoth exercise will be
required -- both at the Central as well as the state levels --
to put things together for creation of the new state.
Drawing of the boundary between Andhra Pradesh and
Telengana, setting up of administrative and police cadres,
transfer of revenue documents, new office buildings are some
of the tasks which will have to be dealt with before the state
comes into existence.
"From our experience in the past, we have seen that to
complete all formalities for creating a new state besides
construction of office buildings and residential premises etc,
it will take between one year to two years," an official said.
The Centre last night announced that the process of
creating a separate Telangana state will be initiated and an
appropriate resolution will be moved in the Andhra Pradesh
The decision on Telangana was taken at a meeting Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh had with Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister
K Rosaiah after two rounds of consultations in the Congress
Core Committee with Sonia Gandhi and senior cabinet
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- RIL, BP spend Rs 4,500 crore to maintain gas output at KG-D6
- Government to set up special court for all NSEL cases
- Vijay Mallya's 8 luxury cars to be auctioned for Rs 14 lakh
- Fourteen killed, over 20 wounded in suicide attack in Iraq's Kadhmiyah
- Meet 'Chaani-Sarman' from Ashutosh Gowariker's 'Mohenjo Daro'- See new poster