It would be better if Rahul, Sonia go on permanent leave: Sukhbir Badal
Amritsar: Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said here on Saturday that it will be better if Congress president Sonia Gandhi and her son Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi go on permanent leave.
"Two years is less, they should go on a permanent break," said Badal while reacting to an earlier statement made by former Congress Working Committee`s (CWC) member Jagmeet Brar.
Brar is facing criticism from the party over his comment, with Congress leader Adhir Ranjan Chaudhary demanding that strict action be taken against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list