Italian Dy FM meets Khurshid on marines issue
New Delhi: Italian Deputy Foreign Minister Staffan de Mistura met External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid here on Friday to discuss developments in the case related to the marines following the lifting of the restrictions on the Italian envoy by the Supreme Court.
Khurshid provided the Italian Deputy Foreign Minister of an update of the developments since their meeting last month.
He also informed Staffan de Mistura of the steps being taken in compliance with the Supreme Court`s directions at the last hearing and intentions of the Government of India to inform the apex court on April 16 of the efforts made to constitute a Special Court in accordance with the judgement of January 18.
Following the meeting, Italian Prime Minister Mario Monti, who is also holding charge of Foreign Minister, had a telephonic conversation with Khurshid on the same subject.
The Supreme Court has vacated its order restraining Italy`s ambassador Daniele Mancini from leaving India as the two Italian marines, accused of killing two fishermen, returned to New Delhi to face the proceedings as per commitment given by him to the court.
A bench headed by Chief Justice Altamas Kabir vacated its March 14 order by which it had restrained the ambassador from leaving the country after the Italian Government had refused to send back the marines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack