Italian marines’ case: Italy refuses to send four witnesses to India
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Italian government has reportedly refused to send four of its marines to appear as witnesses for questioning in the ‘Enrica Lexia’ case in which two of its marines are facing trial for killing of Indian fishermen.
India had formally requested the presence of four other marines to be questioned by National Investigation Agency (NIA), as per a news report.
The statements of the four marines are important as they were also on board at the time of incident. The Indian government is now looking at the possibility of deposition with the help of video-conferencing, the report states.
The marines, Massimiliano Latore and Salvatore Girone, are being tried in India for the murder of two Indian fishermen off the coast of the Kerela on February 15, last year.
The two marines were on board Italian vessel `Enrica Lexie` when they had allegedly shot dead two Indian fishermen.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'