Italian marines’ case: Italy refuses to send four witnesses to India
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Italian government has reportedly refused to send four of its marines to appear as witnesses for questioning in the ‘Enrica Lexia’ case in which two of its marines are facing trial for killing of Indian fishermen.
India had formally requested the presence of four other marines to be questioned by National Investigation Agency (NIA), as per a news report.
The statements of the four marines are important as they were also on board at the time of incident. The Indian government is now looking at the possibility of deposition with the help of video-conferencing, the report states.
The marines, Massimiliano Latore and Salvatore Girone, are being tried in India for the murder of two Indian fishermen off the coast of the Kerela on February 15, last year.
The two marines were on board Italian vessel `Enrica Lexie` when they had allegedly shot dead two Indian fishermen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliament session will not bring rain, says Shah
- Lewis Hamilton wants softer tyres and more fun in Formula One
- Mamata announces grant to state government employees
- Intermediate Examination (Arts) Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 2:00 pm
- Class 10th (Matric) Exam Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 12: 00 pm