Italian marines to be under SC `custody` in Delhi
New Delhi: The two Italian marines facing charges of killing two Indian fishermen, left for Delhi from Kerala to be under the `custody` of the Supreme Court till the Centre constitutes a special court to hold their trial.
The two Italians left by AI`s Kochi-Delhi flight at 8 pm, airport sources said.
They were accompanied by Italian Consul General in India Giampaolo Cutillo and other officials.
Clarifying its order hours after it passed the verdict on the plea of Italy government rejecting their claim that Indian courts have no jurisdiction in the case, the Supreme Court had earlier said that marines will remain in Delhi and they will report to Chanakyapuri police station till the special court is set up.
It also said that their passport, which is under the custody of Kerala Court, will be handed over to the Ministry of Home Affairs.
A bench headed by Chief Justice Altamas Kabir said that Italian Embassy will arrange for their stay and it will monitor their movements. It said that all the conditions imposed on them by the Kerala court, while granting them bail will remain till special court is set up.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- What a talent! 'Kar chale hum fida' patriotic song by this street singer will give you goosebumps - WATCH
- Migrant arrivals inch up after failed Turkey coup: Greece
- Second French church attacker formally identified: Prosecutors
- HUGE HONOUR! PM Narendra Modi featured in Obama's DNC introduction video - WATCH
- NASA reveals new information on Sun's magnetic field and its kin!