Italian tourist found dead in Varanasi guesthouse
Lucknow: An Italian tourist was found dead in a guesthouse in Uttar Pradesh`s Varanasi district, police said Saturday.
The body of Romano Antonio, 40, was found Friday night inside the waiting room of the Tripathi Guesthouse in Bhelupur area of Varanasi, some 300 km from Lucknow.
"The reason of the death is yet to be ascertained. We are waiting for the post-mortem report," Inspector Radha Ram Mohan Yadav told reporters in Varanasi.
"As Antonio was about to check out, he asked the guesthouse staff that he wanted to take rest in the waiting room for half-an-hour or so. As Antonio did not return after several hours from the waiting room, a guesthouse employee went there and found him dead," he added.
Antonio came to Varanasi from Kolkata and checked into the guesthouse Thursday, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez