Italian tourist found dead in Varanasi guesthouse
Lucknow: An Italian tourist was found dead in a guesthouse in Uttar Pradesh`s Varanasi district, police said Saturday.
The body of Romano Antonio, 40, was found Friday night inside the waiting room of the Tripathi Guesthouse in Bhelupur area of Varanasi, some 300 km from Lucknow.
"The reason of the death is yet to be ascertained. We are waiting for the post-mortem report," Inspector Radha Ram Mohan Yadav told reporters in Varanasi.
"As Antonio was about to check out, he asked the guesthouse staff that he wanted to take rest in the waiting room for half-an-hour or so. As Antonio did not return after several hours from the waiting room, a guesthouse employee went there and found him dead," he added.
Antonio came to Varanasi from Kolkata and checked into the guesthouse Thursday, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured